The Changing Media Landscape: How Journalists Are Changing and the Role of the Communicator in the Evolving Media World
Serena Ehrlich, Director, Social & Evolving Media, Business Wire
Over the last 20 years, Ehrlich has worked to provide guidance on investor relations, public relations and overall consumer behavior relations trends. Ehrlich started her career in advertising where she developed an understanding of branding from a large-scale perspective, but she credits her 14 years in the newswire industry for placing her at the forefront of the technical, sociological and influential revolution changing the face of today’s customer communications.
Prior to rejoining Business Wire in 2013, Ehrlich designed and implemented successful local, national and international social, mobile and traditional marketing campaigns for brands including Kraft, Kohls, Avon, Mattel and more. A ’91 graduate of Brandeis University with a B.A. in History, Ehrlich was named one of the 2013 Top 25 Women in Mobile to Watch by Mobile Marketer. Follow her on Twitter at @serena
At no other time in history have so many people been consuming news. But is your news reaching and activating your key audiences? In this breakfast session, Serena Ehrlich, Business Wire's Director of Social and Evolving Media, will discuss how you can take advantage of the visibility provided by search and social to increase the impact of your news program. This session will cover:
- The modern news consumer, the role of search and social in PR.
- The role of imagery in driving actions.
- Tactical tips for writing a more useful news release.
- Utilizing news release data to support business goals.
- And finally, the changes occurring in the media landscape including intriguing new behaviors from journalists that will impact how you work with them.