Business Wire Announces Press Release and News Display Upgrades
Multimedia, Social Media, Display and Measurement Enhancements Improve User Friendliness and Increase SEO for Business Wire Clients
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Business Wire announced upgrades to its news display pages on BusinessWire.com today, including new multimedia tools to enhance the functionality of video on mobile devices, measurable social media sharing links and presentation of additional company news and information embedded in press releases.
Many of the improvements were developed in direct response to client and media feedback.
“The success of any press release is in the details,” said Laura Sturaitis, Executive Vice President of Media Relations and Product Strategy for Business Wire. “These improvements to our news display will pay off in better visibility and click-through rates for client press releases.” Sturaitis added that the enhancements have made the company’s complimentary Newstrak measurement reports even more comprehensive.
The news display upgrade also reinforces Business Wire’s commitment to making every press release Global-Mobile-Social-Measurable, presenting clients’ news in the most web-friendly, SEO-enhanced, shareable display possible. The expanded visibility is then reflected in clients' NewsTrak reports.
Press release and news display enhancements include:
- A new multimedia video player provides better picture quality, clear streaming and improved metrics for Smart News Releases (press releases with multimedia). This player is HTML5 compliant and facilitates clean, less pixelated streaming on the web and to mobile devices, specifically iPhone, iPad and Android.
- Social media sharing icons placed prominently at the top of each release provide one-click sharing on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ and other networks. Social media activity from using these links is reflected in Business Wire Newstrak measurement reports.
- Smart Multimedia Gallery makes all related photos, graphics, videos and logos and their captions easily accessible from the left navigation rail.
- Photos, videos and multimedia may be “liked” and shared independently of the news release. While Business Wire Smart News Releases are assembled and distributed as a package of text and multimedia assets, the components are often used independent of each other. Viewers may now easily embed each image or video with a quick copy/paste of the embed code, with hosting courtesy of Business Wire. All activity is captured and reported in the user engagement section of the NewsTrak measurement report.
- The three most recent press releases from the issuer are now available via headlines at the end of each new press release. A "more stories" link and an RSS subscription icon provide access to additional releases from the company.
- Links to all Release Versions - Viewers are only a click away from all available versions of the release, including language translations and the EON: Enhanced Online News version. These links to related authoritative content help with search engine optimization.
For more detail on the news display features, visit our Sample Press Release page.
About Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2011 as the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. Public relations and investor relations professionals rely on Business Wire for both broad-based and targeted market reach. A recognized disclosure service in the United States, Canada and a dozen European countries, Business Wire handles XBRL tagging, document formatting and regulatory filing into EDGAR, SEDAR and other systems. Business Wire provides online newsroom hosting and integration services as well as search engine optimization, mobile distribution and detailed measurement on every press release. Its patented NX delivery platform provides simultaneous full-text posting of Business Wire content to news systems and websites in virtually any country or language. With 31 bureaus worldwide, Business Wire offers local service and global reach.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6845554&lang=en